One of the most common things CBD cream is used for is to help reduce muscle and joint pain. When you rub CBD cream onto your skin, it is absorbed into the body and helps reduce the inflammation that is causing pain in the affected area. So, in short…yes. CBD cream can be used for pain.
Keep in mind that more extensive research needs to be conducted to determine if CBD products are as helpful as other medications. But if you are experiencing pain in your muscles or joints or are suffering from skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis, you may consider trying a CBD cream to see how it works for you.
What is Exactly is CBD Cream?
To make CBD cream, manufacturers add CBD to oils such as hemp seed oil, avocado oil, Vitamin E oil and /or jojoba oil and then they use the infused oil as an ingredient in lotions, creams, balms, and salves. CBD itself is known to have anti-inflammatory properties which reduce symptoms of certain skin conditions as well as help manage joint and muscle pain.
Most CBD creams use broad-spectrum CBD which has other compounds from the cannabis plant such as terpenes and may or may not contain tiny traces of THC. But don’t worry! If there is THC in the CBD, it would be such a trace amount that you wouldn’t feel any of the effects such as paranoia or heightened anxiety.
What are the Benefits of CBD Creams?
- Several health benefits have been associated with CBD creams, including:
- Reducing pain caused by arthritis.
- Reducing pain for people who have peripheral neuropathy, a condition where nerve damage causes numbness, discomfort and weakness in the feet and hands.
- Alleviating symptoms of skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis, and eczema.
- Reducing feelings of anxiety and stress.
- Reducing pain and stiffening around a person’s jaw who is suffering from temporomandibular disorder (TMD).
What to Look for in a Quality CBD Cream
Companies everywhere are popping up and selling CBD creams, but how do you really know you are getting the highest quality CBD cream? Here are a few things to think about as you begin your hunt for CBD cream:
- Make sure the company you are buying the cream from has a third-party lab testing that reflects what they claim. Results from testing should be posted on their website. If you cannot find them, you should email and ask!
- Look to see if the CBD is full spectrum, broad spectrum or a CBD isolate. If you do not want any THC at all, you will want to look for a cream that says made with CBD isolate or with broad spectrum CBD with zero THC. Full spectrum will contain THC as well as other compounds from the cannabis plant.
- Check the ingredient list to see what other ingredients are in the cream. You’ll want to make sure all the ingredients listed are natural and high quality.
For more information about CBD creams, contact The Farmula today!