Can CBD Cream be Used for Inflammation?
CBD cream has been widely used for its health and wellness benefits, including its ability to reduce inflammation. More and more people are using CBD cream to treat pain and inflammation caused by arthritis as well as joint and muscle pain. So, to answer the question…yes. CBD cream can be used for inflammation. In fact, that is one of the main things it is used for.
How does CBD Cream help with inflammation?
CBD is a naturally occurring compound found in the hemp plant, just like THC. It is a cannabinoid that interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS) and, as a result, has several healing properties. It binds with the body’s CB2 receptor, which has a direct impact on our immune system. This means that CBD inhibits the production of inflammatory processes in the body, which in turn helps reduce pain and arthritis.
Unlike THC, CBD does not have psychoactive properties Consumers use it for its health benefits, including its anti-inflammatory and pain reducing properties.
How do you use CBD Cream?
Unlike having to ingest CBD oils, many consumers like using CBD creams for inflammation, because it can be applied directly to painful joints and muscles like the neck and back, knees, shoulders, hands, or wrists. When applied to the skin, the effects of CBD are felt almost instantly, whereas if you drop CBD oil under the tongue it takes longer for the effects to be felt.
Due to the healing effects of CBD cream, it is often used to reduce symptoms of:
- Severe back pain
- Achy joints from working out or playing sports
- Neck pain
- Hand and wrist pain
- Tired feet
Some of the best CBD creams contain other healing ingredients that work together with the CBD for optimal results. These ingredients vary depending on the brand, but can include:
- Shae Butter
- Jojoba Oil
- Vitamin E Oil
- Avocado Oil
CBD creams are also used to sooth dry skin and help with skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis, and eczema.
What to look for when choosing a CBD Cream
If you are new to the CBD world and are looking for a high quality CBD cream, there are a few things to look for as you’re shopping.
- Make sure the company you are purchasing your CBD cream from is a reputable company that gets its hemp from a farm that practices safe and organic practices. This will ensure your CBD cream is free from pesticides or other harmful additives.
- Look at how much CBD is in the cream. It is also important to see whether it is full or broad-spectrum CBD or CBD isolate. If you are worried about having even the smallest traces of THC in your products, make sure it is THC free.
- See if the product is organic, which means it uses all natural and organic hemp and other ingredients.
- You can check to make sure the company tests its products with a third-party lab to check for safety and quality. You should be able to find the third-party test results on their website easily if they are a good quality company.
- Its always a good idea to look through reviews about the company and its products to see what other consumers are saying about them.
If you need a quality CBD Cream, we got you covered! Check out our CBD creams and topicals and reach out if you have any questions. The Farmula is proud that all our products are Vegan, THC-free, GMO free, cruelty free and 100 percent natural.