CBD is widely used for its several health and wellness benefits — better sleep being one of them. CBD helps reduce pain and anxiety, so it is no wonder it can help promote a better night’s sleep.
How does CBD help you sleep?
To fully understand how CBD helps you sleep, we must first look at what causes poor sleep to begin with. There are several things that can contribute to “bad” sleep or lack of sleep, including:
- Anxiety, stress, or other mental health disorders such as PTSD
- Physical conditions that cause chronic pain
- Too much caffeine or medications that can interfere with relaxation and disturb sleep
- Environmental conditions such as loud music, heat and other noises or disturbances
If your inability to get a good night’s sleep is caused by physical pain, stress or anxiety, CBD may be able to help you relax and get a better night’s sleep. The truth behind whether CBD helps with sleep is that it may help with the root problem of your inability to sleep. For instance, when it helps reduce pain or symptoms associated with anxiety, the result may be that you get a better night’s sleep.
One thing to keep in mind is that it may not work right away. It may take a few weeks of using CBD for sleep to really notice a difference. So be patient and work on finding the right dosage for you.
How do you use CBD to sleep better?
There are several ways to consume CBD, depending on what feels comfortable to you. When and how you take the CBD will determine how it affects your sleep as well.
Some of the most common ways to use CBD for sleep are:
- Drop it directly under the tongue. When you consume CBD this way, it goes right to your bloodstream by getting into your mucous membranes. Because it gets to your bloodstream fast, you will feel the effects almost immediately.
- Ingest it in a chocolate bar or gummy candy. When you ingest CBD in edibles or other food products, you must wait for it to be fully digested before it hits your bloodstream. So, consuming it this way will take longer for you to feel the effects.
- Rub it onto your pain site via a balm or lotion. When you rub CBD onto your skin, you must wait for it to absorb and enter your bloodstream. You may feel immediate relief of pain in your back or neck if you rub it directly onto your skin. When you apply it daily, it can help reduce inflammation and relieve pain allowing you to have a deeper sleep.
- Take as a capsule: you can also consume CBD as a capsule. This way is the same as eating it, so it will take longer to hit your bloodstream and feel the effects.
If you use CBD daily for pain, stress, anxiety or better sleep, chances are you will experience a deeper, more restful night’s sleep over time. Be patient and continue to use it daily to get the best results.
For more information about CBD for insomnia and other sleep disorders, contact The Farmula today! All our CBD products are organic, natural, and completely free from pesticides and additives. We can help you choose the right CBD product for you!