CBD (cannabidiol) is one of over 100 chemical compounds or cannabinoids found inside the marijuana plant. When we think of marijuana, we typically think of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), which is also a cannabinoid. The difference between THC and CBD is that unlike TCH, CBD is not psychoactive, meaning it does not cause someone who ingests it to feel “high” or have mind altering effects.
Because CBD is not psychoactive, it has become increasingly popular among people who are looking for natural relief from pain and other conditions such as anxiety and depression without experiencing the mind-altering effects of THC.
CBD oil is made by extracting the cannabidiol from a marijuana plant then mixing it with a carrier oil such as coconut or hemp seed oil. CBD oil has gained popularity because of its ability to ease pain and other conditions such as anxiety and stress.
What is CBD Oil Used For?
The following are some of the benefits associated with CBD oil…
- Pain relief: people have been using marijuana for pain relief for years. In the more recent years, however, scientists have found that CBD is one of the components found in the marijuana plant that helps relieve pain. So, when made into an oil, CBD can either be massaged directly onto a pain point such as the lower back, knees, hands, etc., and can also be ingested under the tongue for faster relief.
- Better sleep: because of its natural calming effects, CBD oil helps promote relaxation and deeper sleep.
- Reduce symptoms associated with anxiety and depression: people have been using CBD oil to help reduce feelings of depression and anxiety. Both disorders have devastating effects on people’s mental health and wellbeing and can get in the way of living a rich, fulfilling life. While there are prescription medications available to help reduce symptoms, they can be addicting and have other side effects. CBD oil has been proven to reduce the feelings of anxiety and depression as it has natural calming effects.
- Reduce symptoms of cancer: CBD oil has been known to help ease cancer-related symptoms as well as the side effects of cancer treatment such as nausea, vomiting and pain.
- Improve heart health: according to research, CBD helps people who have high blood pressure. This can improve heart health as high blood pressure increases the risk for stroke and heart attack.
- Fight acne: according to recent studies, CBD oil’s anti-inflammatory properties may help reduce acne production. One of the causes of acne is an overproduction of an oily secretion in the skin called sebum. And, according to studies CBD not only helps with inflammation, but it also reduces the production of sebum. As a result, it can help reduce acne.
How Often Can I Use CBD Oil?
Everyday! In fact, people who use CBD oil for pain, anxiety, depression, and other conditions are encouraged to use CBD oil everyday because it compounds in the body over time which can add to potential health benefits. You cannot overdose on CBD, so you can use it as much as you need throughout the day.